September 16, 2011

Choosing Art for my Collage

I'm almost done with choosing everything for my frame collage. One of the biggest challenges was finding the right art for the biggest frame that will be on the wall. Throughout my apartment I have a music theme but I wanted something unique. 

So an old friend of mine, Hermes, used all these photo software thingamobobbers to get the job done. It seemed like he used everything from Photoshop to Picnik. I owe him a milkshake. :D  


Don't let this this picture fool you. That frame is 22 x 28 inches. So La India is gonna be huge!

Hermes used the cover to my favorite salsa album to make his masterpiece. I'm so in love with it. Sobre El Fuego saved my life! I was 15 when I first heard it. I was heart broken and she got me over it. 

Also in the mix, pictures of Mister Smith and I. The pic above and below will go in the smallest frame. 

La Tati, the roommate, will also get featured in my frame. Who ever gave her those shoes was a genius!


Of course, I have to be featured too. I tried to get some common themes with all of the pictures I have in my database of pictures, i.e. my cell phone. I have 1,266 pictures in my phone. So finding these pictures with common themes was a bit of a challenge. I'm still iffy about these two. We look awesome but the back of a building and a gas station aren't very appealing. Even when I softened the areas a bit, it still didn't look all that great.. These pictures were taken at the most random hour of the night and yet (I'd like to think.) We both look fabulous. 

Edit 9/28/11...I also added this pic to the mix:


That's my brother EJ and my roommate La Tati. The soon-to-be-parents. 

1 comment:

Hermes A said...

Everything Came out Perfect, Im proud of you on using Your Abilities and your mind, and something amazing came out in the process, Keep doing what your doing