What I learned:
- Never show papi anything! He WILL find something wrong.
- Once an imperfection is pointed out, I will never stop noticing it and therefore will have to do it again.
- Using striped or polkadotted fabrics is less forgiving if it's not on entirely straight.
- The more quilt batting, the more plush your board will be but the harder to staple.
- Cardboard is another alternative or can be added to the mix for a sturdier board.
- Better to staple on the ugly green carpet than on the desk and making holes into said desk.
- The wood of the frame was harder that what I've used in the past so make sure you can adjust the pressure to the staple gun.