June 10, 2011

...And then this happens...

I was at work, drawing out a spending plan so that I can save money. I worked on it for hours. My goal is to save up enough funds to start house hunting in six months but no matter how much I crunched the numbers. Six months was not cutting it.

I even talked to my co-workers about it...you might as well just borrow from your parents. No way! The point of getting a place is to show that I'm independent and that I can do it on my own. You know, the American Dream. Is looking pretty in a corner an option? No. But why don't you sell some of your crafts or work for a restaurant? Not a bad idea but I think I'm pretty slow at both creating and serving.

Well I decide to go home after a long day of....well after a long day and then....





...this happens. Even though the other driver was almost at a complete stop in a really bad spot in the curve of a highway merge, I'm at fault.



I know this especially after the lecture that the Geico representative gave me about how I need to be aware of my surroundings at all times and that you never know when a small child is chasing after a ball and . (On a Highway Merger?)



It took all effort to not cuss her out. I had to be lady-like. I can understand how you might think this was my fault, so can you please just tell me what are the next steps that I need to take.



Aware of my surroundings...seriously you're weren't there! You didn't see what happened to me so get off your high horse and tell me what the @#$k I need to do, gah!!! (That's what I didn't say.)




I have to pay a $1000 deductible to get all the repairs done. I'm crossing my fingers that the repairs are a little more affordable but I'm not getting my hopes up. Bumper has a hole, under carriage cover is loose, a side panel bent and that's what I know for now.


What was the first thing I did after I got everything situated with the insurance company? Called my dad. After all these years, and what do I do? I call Papi. Breathe, nena, breathe. He laughed at my attempt to breathe through my sobbing. His laughing made me laugh and finally I was able to relax. If you need help, we'll help you, so relax.

I have yet to relax- completely. How am I supposed to relax when the day before I thought I would be able to find a home. I even have a pre-qualification letter just to prove it and I even called my dad about it and he was shocked. I still could save up in six months but I take this accident as a sign. I need to save more than just a minimum for the house hunt but I also need to save up for a rainy day. Evidently, especially in Jacksonville, when it rains it pours.

So my dream is going to take a little bit longer to come to frution.

No comments: